Wolters Kluwer's Legal Education is a leading publisher of teaching and learning tools for law school and law-related undergraduate programs in the United States and throughout the world. WK Legal Education has produced extremely high quality, pedagogically rich, market-leading textbooks covering every discipline in law for almost fifty years, and, in recent years, has established a strong track record as an innovator in the market. New product models, such as the Law School Simulation and the Connected Casebook, deliver outcome-oriented, personalized education to a new generation of law students.
Major longstanding product lines include:
- The Aspen Casebook series (famously known amongst law faculty and students as the "red and black" casebooks) encompasses almost 400 highly regarded textbooks in more than eighty disciplines, from large enrollment courses, such as torts and contracts to emerging electives such as cyberlaw and environmental law;
- The Examples & Explanations and Emanuel Law series, both highly popular collections of more than eighty readable but thorough study guides and study tools to help law students master complex subject matter;
- The Reference Book series, including the Bouvier Law Dictionary;
- The Paralegal series, including more than forty leading textbooks for undergraduate paralegal programs.
Major new product lines include:
- The Law School Simulation series, a set of ten highly interactive online modules designed to prepare paralegals and law students for the real-world demands of being a practicing attorney;
- The Certified Legal Practitioner program, a hybrid online and in-person training course for overseas law school graduates seeking a stronger founding in U.S. law;
- And a broad library of mobile apps, including the popular Law in a Flash exam prep toolkit.
In July 2014, WK Legal Education announced the launch of the Connected Casebook, a major new initiative intended to significantly advance the effectiveness of core law school learning materials. The Connected Casebook is currently available for 14 titles but expanding across the balance of the list in forthcoming years. It combines a print textbook, available to students on loan for the duration of the class term, with a powerful new online learning tool, www.casebookconnect.com.
Accessible on computers and tablets, www.casebookconnect.com provides students with a fully integrated suite of tools that responds to the broad range of demands students face in law school.
The digital component of the Connected Casebook includes:
- an ebook component, where students can read, search, bookmark, highlight, and annotate the full text of their casebook;
- a study center component, where students have access to thousands of video and text explanations of difficult concepts, assessment questions, practice essays, and hypothetical and issue-spotting exercises;
- and an outline component, where students can quickly create effective course-long outlines, directly integrating excerpts and notes from the textbook.
Designed in collaboration with hundreds of faculty and students, the Connected Casebook is a significant leap forward in the legal education learning tools available to students.
In addition to its educational publications, WK Legal Education partners with the law school community in a variety of ways to facilitate dialogue and collaboration to achieve the collective goal of evolving legal education to better meet the needs of 21st century law students, including through WK Legal Education's community-driven Leading Edge conference, hosted in Riverwoods, Illinois, and through a library of faculty-run blogs.
Wolters Kluwer Legal Education is headquartered in Waltham, MA.
Editorial Board Advisors
Vice President & General Manager
Executive Director, Product Management
Executive Director of Sales
Director of Operations
Manager, Digital Group
Rachel E. Barkow
Segal Family Professor of Regulatory Law and Policy
Faculty Director, Center on the Administration of Criminal Law
New York University School of Law
Dean and Distinguished Professor of Law
Raymond Pryke Professor of First Amendment Law
University of California, Irvine School of Law
Richard A. Epstein
Laurence A. Tisch Professor of Law
New York University School of Law
Peter and Kirsten Bedford Senior Fellow
The Hoover Institution
Senior Lecturer in Law
The University of Chicago
Ronald J. Gilson
Charles J. Meyers Professor of Law and Business
Marc and Eva Stern Professor of Law and Business
Columbia Law School
James E. Krier
Earl Warren DeLano Professor of Law
The University of Michigan Law School
Tracey L. Meares
Walton Hale Hamilton Professor of Law
Director, The Justice Collaboratory
Yale Law School
Richard K. Neumann, Jr.
Professor of Law
Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University
Robert H. Sitkoff
John L. Gray Professor of Law
Harvard Law School
David Alan Sklansky
Stanley Morrison Professor of Law, Stanford Law School
Faculty Co-Director, Stanford Criminal Justice Center
About Wolters Kluwer Legal & Regulatory Solutions U.S.
Wolters Kluwer Legal & Regulatory Solutions U.S. delivers expert content and solutions in the areas of law, corporate compliance, health compliance, reimbursement, and legal education. Its practical solutions help customers successfully navigate the demands of a changing environment to drive their daily activities, enhance decision quality and inspire confident outcomes.
Serving customers worldwide, its legal and regulatory solutions portfolio includes products under the Aspen Publishers, CCH Incorporated, Kluwer Law International, ftwilliam.com and MediRegs names. They are regarded as exceptional and trusted resources for general legal and practice-specific knowledge, compliance and risk management, dynamic workflow solutions, and expert commentary.
About Wolters Kluwer
Wolters Kluwer, a market-leading global information services company, serves professionals in the areas of legal, business, tax, accounting, finance, audit, risk, compliance and healthcare. Customers rely on Wolters Kluwer's leading information enabled tools and solutions to manage their businesses efficiently, deliver results to their clients and succeed in an ever more dynamic world. Wolters Kluwer maintains operations in over 40 countries across Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and Latin America and employs approximately 19,300 people worldwide. Wolters Kluwer is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands. Its shares are quoted on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.