The Law of Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance is the first casebook on the law of governance, risk management, and compliance. Author Geoffrey P. Miller, a highly respected professor of corporate and financial law, also brings real world experience to the book as a member of the board of directors and audit and risk committees of a significant banking institution. The book addresses issues of fundamental importance for any regulated organization (the $13 billion settlement between JPMorgan Chase and its regulators is only one of many examples). This book can be a cornerstone for courses on compliance, corporate governance, or on the role of attorneys in managing risk in organizational clients.
- Addresses issues of enormous and growing importance that are not covered by other law school casebooks.
- Presents numerous cutting edge issues in a rapidly growing body of law and practice.
- Covers a subject matter that is a major employment opportunity for law school graduates.
- Professors who adopt this book participate in a new and burgeoning field of academic study and legal practice.
- Covers general issues as well as specific fields of compliance and risk management.
- Includes two sets of case studies—one on cases where compliance programs broke down (e.g., Enron, WorldComm, and JP Global), and one on cases where risk management broke down (e.g., UBS and the financial crisis, and JPMorgan Chase and the London whale).
- Features fewer cases and a higher ratio of author-written text and materials drawn from regulatory publications than in typical law school casebooks.
- Authored by a professor who is also an independent director of a financial institution.
- An extensive and user-friendly Teacher’s Manual.
Item successfully added to your bag
Bag Summary ()
Tax, promotion codes and upgraded shipping charges will be applied during checkout
Thank you for requesting a complimentary digital copy of:
You will receive an email within 2 business days with information for accessing the digital copy of this title. Please add email@example.com to your safe sender list to ensure the email is delivered.
If you do not receive the email within 2 business days and have checked your SPAM/Junk folder, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-950-5259. If a title is not yet published, you will receive a review copy as soon as it is available.
Please note that we validate all professor accounts before distributing digital samples. If you are adopting the product for your class or need to request another format, please contact your representative directly.
Law School sales rep
Find your rep by state:
Undergraduate sales rep
Find your rep by state:
Error in placing the order.